Skip to main content

Why I Skate?


            Roller skating isn’t just something I enjoy. It’s not a hobby. It’s not even a passion. Roller skating is a part of me and my family. Three generations of Ramsey’s have been a part of the roller skating industry, and I hope to be the fourth.
Since Southeastern Skate Supply opened its doors it has seen several wars, six Apollo moon landings, the assassination of Martin Luther King Junior, and the addition of two stars to the flag. As it nears its 75th  year of operation, I look at the history of Southeastern Skate Supply. I look at its history from the eyes of my family members, and from the stories I hear from you, our customers. I look forward to putting my own mark in its history. Seeing it reach 100 years in business would be something special.
So why do I skate? I skate because waking up each morning and seeing a warehouse full of skates just waiting to put a smile on someone’s face is exciting. I skate because it is a part of my family. I skate because it’s apart of our countries culture. Most importantly I skate because it is fun!
          Why do you skate? Let me know down in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The History of Roller Hockey

I remember asking my parents to let me play hockey when I was little but they told me "there wasn't a team near by" so I never got into it. Because of that, I will let someone else tell the story this week. Here is the, link  https://thehockeynews.com/all-access/article/roller-hockey-international-an-oral-history   I hope y'all have a great weekend!

Time

At the moment I am looking at a used blue Sure-Gip Stardust that has been sitting in the window of my office for almost a year now. I never thought much of it. It was just a unsalable skate that I re-purposed as a decoration. Until I took a closer look. I picked it up and saw what the sun, that nearly blinds me in the afternoon, had done to it in a relatively short amount of time. The side facing the window is now a goldish green color. It's kind of interesting how much things have changed in just a year. One year ago I was having health problems that left me almost completely dependent on others. Thankfully all of that seems to be in the past. I'm in the process purchasing a new (to me) car and moving to an apartment. One year can make a lot of difference.  Oh and make sure you wear sunscreen when you're outside I don't want you turning goldish green! Thank you for reading. If you have time please leave a comment below. 

The 2019 Trade Show Is Here!

I've been waiting for this since last October! This is probably my favorite time of year, because everyone is gathered in one place. We get to see old friends and meet new ones. The trade show isn't just about selling lots of skates, but its about the skating community. The skating community is special because when we are all together we seem to get a long well. I'm sure someone is reading this thinking "are you kidding me this person or that person is such a pain". Maybe you think I'm a pain, who knows. Anyway for the most part we really get a long. I feel like the 2019 trade show is really about all of us getting together under one roof. Oh and don't forget the barbecue. I hope to see you next week!