Skip to main content

Lets Help Out New Rinks

Good morning everyone. It is a very clear sunny day here in Atlanta Georgia. So clear in fact that I can make out the Mercedes Benz Stadium from the office through the skinny trees that line the Southeastern Skate Supply property. I believe this is one of the last places that you can see the Atlanta skyline without being in a expensive condo or a large million dollar house. Hopefully developers stay away from Veterans Memorial Highway.

Anyway, it got me thinking about how blessed I am to be apart of the roller skating community, and how I would like to help and support the next generation of rink owners. I don't mean by selling them our skates, although that would be nice, but by giving them tools to run a successful business. Now I know what you're thinking. Jacob doesn't run a rink what qualifies him to give new rink owners advice? The answer to that is I'm not qualified. However, you are and I need your help. I have had the opportunity to speak to many people who are looking to build their own rinks, and all of them have been extremely excited. What kind of advice would you give to the next generation of rink owners? Please let me know in the comments bellow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The History of Roller Hockey

I remember asking my parents to let me play hockey when I was little but they told me "there wasn't a team near by" so I never got into it. Because of that, I will let someone else tell the story this week. Here is the, link  https://thehockeynews.com/all-access/article/roller-hockey-international-an-oral-history   I hope y'all have a great weekend!

Time

At the moment I am looking at a used blue Sure-Gip Stardust that has been sitting in the window of my office for almost a year now. I never thought much of it. It was just a unsalable skate that I re-purposed as a decoration. Until I took a closer look. I picked it up and saw what the sun, that nearly blinds me in the afternoon, had done to it in a relatively short amount of time. The side facing the window is now a goldish green color. It's kind of interesting how much things have changed in just a year. One year ago I was having health problems that left me almost completely dependent on others. Thankfully all of that seems to be in the past. I'm in the process purchasing a new (to me) car and moving to an apartment. One year can make a lot of difference.  Oh and make sure you wear sunscreen when you're outside I don't want you turning goldish green! Thank you for reading. If you have time please leave a comment below. 

The 2019 Trade Show Is Here!

I've been waiting for this since last October! This is probably my favorite time of year, because everyone is gathered in one place. We get to see old friends and meet new ones. The trade show isn't just about selling lots of skates, but its about the skating community. The skating community is special because when we are all together we seem to get a long well. I'm sure someone is reading this thinking "are you kidding me this person or that person is such a pain". Maybe you think I'm a pain, who knows. Anyway for the most part we really get a long. I feel like the 2019 trade show is really about all of us getting together under one roof. Oh and don't forget the barbecue. I hope to see you next week!